Reblog of the day: We highly suggest visiting Robert Whitman’s performance tomorrow evening, which will bring together 90 people from 90 locations to create what he calls, “a cultural map of the world.”
Local Report 2012 by Robert Whitman
Presented by Creative Time and Eyebeam
Local Report 2012 is the latest version of a performance concept initiated by Robert Whitman in 1972 that involved “reporters” throughout New York City making calls over pay phones and submitting reports that were subsequently broadcast over a local radio station. Throughout the years, Whitman’s performances moved from pay phones to cell phones, and in 2005, to video cell phones. The newest incarnation of the project will be greatly expanded in scope to include “reporters” around the world and incorporate new Local Report software.
Performance: October 11, 2012, 7-8pm at Eyebeam Art + Technology Center, 540 West 21st Street, New York, NY
The performance will be recorded and presented in a multichannel audio and video installation in Eyebeam’s Main Space October 12-20, 2012.
Supported in part by a Robert Rauschenberg Foundation Responsive Grant.
- dayvmattt likes this
- lijnegus reblogged this from pacegallery
- lijnegus likes this
- taogrady likes this
- just-as-sweet-by-any-other-name reblogged this from pacegallery
- gonewiththewalruses reblogged this from pacegallery
- emozionitossiche likes this
- syh-syh likes this
- samhyde likes this
- pacegallery reblogged this from robertrauschenberg and added:
- sarimner reblogged this from robertrauschenberg
- sarimner likes this
- 191t likes this
- robertrauschenberg posted this